|Kentucky Coal Heritage|
Coal Camps & Communities
This coal town lies at the confluence of Millstone Creek and the North Fork of the Kentucky River, 4 1/2 miles NE of Whitesburg. A post office was established here on Dec. 17, 1878, and named Craftsville for the family of Enoch Craft, a Confederate Army veteran. Nelson R. Craft renamed it Millstone on June 19, 1918, and the South East Coal Co. built a camp here that year.