|Kentucky Coal Heritage|
Coal Camps & Communities
This coal town, located on US 23/119 and Elkhorn Creek, 12 1/2 mi east north east of Whitesburg, is a part of Jenkins. Local people, however , consider it a separate town, and it does not have it's own post office, which was est. on Jan. 25 1898, 13 years earlier than Jenkins'. The town was named for Burdine Webb, who carried the mail from Whitesburg.